Sunday, December 19, 2010

Win the battle, lose the war??

I recently saw highlights of a WEC match between Ben Henderson and Anthony Pettis.  Now, I'm not much of an MMA fan; I don't know the fighters very well, nor the history of the whole thing.  So I have a pedestrian-like knowledge of this particular genre. 

What I do know however, is that when two grown men get in the Octagon to duke it out, I want to see somebody get knocked out!!  I'm not bloodthirsty or addicted to violence, or anything like that.  If you don't know what you're doing in there, you probably should be in another line of work.  It's not always easy and there's a strategy to it; not just come out swinging.

From what I've heard, Ben Henderson is a legend in his own right.  I had never heard of him or seen him fight before.  When I saw the highlights of this fight, he seemed to be dominating Pettis.  He had the upper hand in this fight by the time it went to 5th and final round.  Sometimes however, life will deliver that occasional kick in the face when you least expect it. 

Having never seen Henderson before, I don't think I'll be forgetting him anytime soon.  Talk about first impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment